BADASS AMERICAN SERIES- Marine Corps Legends JAMES MATTIS
3” x 2” digital print with hook backing Legend 7 of 7
This BADASS AMERICAN needs no introduction, so here are nine of Mattis's best quotes.
1. "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*** with me, I'll kill you all."
2. "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some a**holes in the world that just need to be shot."
3. "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."
4. "You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it's going to be bad."
5. "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
6. "In a country with millions of people and cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in awhile."
7. "No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote."
8. "Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat."
9. "I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word."